Re: [Spridgets] LMC no LBC

To: "Frank" <spritenut@comcast.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] LMC no LBC
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:53:10 -0500
I have no clue as to what it's worth, Frank, but you can probably do a
Google search and come up with some websites pertaining to old Hondas.

Speaking of old Hondas:  Nearly 40 years ago, right after finishing college,
I took a part time job (my "regular" job was on a big horsepower towboat and
for every day I worked...typically 30 days at a time.....I got a day off
with pay) for a friend, who was service manager at a Honda motorcycle
dealership.  The owner had some connections, and for a very meager sum he
bought Honda's entire inventory of shipping-damaged motorcycles (still in
their lightly to heavily damaged crates) from the port of Baltimore.  There
were something like six or ten trailer loads of them.  After experiencing
the joy of unloading the crates (crammed from top to bottom for the length
of the trailers), my job was to open the crates and disassemble the bikes
too badly damaged for resale, and assemble the bikes that were lightly
damaged, replacing damaged parts with parts salvaged from the bikes I had
parted-out.  Many of the bikes were actually in pristine, undamaged
condition.  Many of them were from the very early 60s, with the rest spread
right up to current model year (1971).  I could have taken my pick and had
any one I wanted for next to nothing.......but, I was driving a brand new
BMW 2002 and I thought I was also in the process of building a race car, too
(an MGB that I finally did complete several years later).  So I passed on
the Honda bargain.
And, yes, I often kick myself for that.  The Hondas were really very well
engineered, well built machines that would run just about forever if given
proper care and maintenance.
Bud Osbourne