Re: [Spridgets] Help

To: <hmortada@aol.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Help
From: <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:48:35 +0000
Hey Hadi!

I like Frank's idea!  Does your car still have paint showing somewhere?

I have a car that was supposed to be Carmine Red.  I was told that it was
mistakenly painted the Jag colour "Carmen Red", which now seems to be wrong
also.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg

Below is an excerpt from something that I wrote to someone else.
Unfortunately, the coloramic.com website appears to be down ( "suspended" )
and I don't have those ICI paint codes handy at the moment.  So ... Carmine
Red was a Healey Colour ( and a Triumph colour according to a google search).
With any luck, maybe that web site will come back up.

This company sells an aerosol can of their Carmine Red:
http://www.ahead4healeys.co.uk/CARMINE-RED---AEROSOL-PAINT-id3266.html
Getting it shipped from the UK is a major expense though.

Okay, so this is an example of "Carmen" Red, the Jag colour that was used for
the early BN1's.

http://www.kentcarcollection.com/info.php?id=212
http://www.kentcarcollection.com/info2.php?id=212&i=2

And, here's a web reference to Austin-Healey paint colours:
( Austin-Healey - Guide to Historic Colors by Don Pikovnik )
http://www.coloramic.com/britcars.htm

Colour swatches showing Carmen and Carmine side by side:
http://www.coloramic.com/articles/ahcgtext.htm

This chart shows the Carmen and Carmine with the same RD.13 code and 2
different ICI paint codes:
http://www.coloramic.com/articles/hlyclrs.htm

This shows a chip of Carmine Red:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/aclchip.aspx?image=1955-ahmg-pg11.j
pg

Ah-ha!  Try here:

http://www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/

HTH
Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )
1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )
1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen )