[Spridgets] NO LBC - Denon AVR1910 questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] NO LBC - Denon AVR1910 questions
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 16:27:53 EST
Hi List,

NO LBC.  Currently I have a new 40" TV, a blu-ray player and a very  old
Denon Amp.

I run all my blu-ray/DVD sound to my Amp (TV speakers on mute) and can hear
 the difference on a blu-ray to DVD.  I can get more volume than I need and
 everything sounds great.  Except, the Amp is old and has what appears to
be  an intermittant fault that produces hiss on right hand channel
(irrespective of  what speaker is on it).  So I plan to retire the Denon Amp
and
replace it  with a Denon AVR1910.

Since most of my money that I don't have is going to buy the AVR1910 I'm
planning on sticking with my 2 current speakers but have a few questions to
anyone that understands this stuff.

I'd like to use the best possible leads which I guess are HDMI.  I've  been
told I can run an HDMI from the blu-ray to the AVR1910 and then from the
AVR1910 to the TV.  Anyone done that?  I'm guessing the AVR1910  ignores the
video signal which it sends on the telly having done 'stuff' with  the audio
and shoved it out of my speakers.  I can add the only reason this  matters
to me is that I don't want to buy an HDMI lead and not need it.

My existing speakers are very good but old.  Can I put any old cheap
speakers on to the surround outputs to get surround sound (4 speakers) or will
this sound worse than the sound I hear from my existing 2 really good
speakers?

Any other advice or a full user manual PDF (not the glossy 2-3 page
brochure) anyone can send me off list?

Final question, any reason to buy the cheaper AVR1610 or more expensive
AVR2300 from Denon?

Thanks

Daniel