Re: [Spridgets] Maniflow

To: "'Michael Rowe'" <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Maniflow
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@att.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:56:32 -0800
Mike you want the vacuum taken at the butterfly valve on the carb (ported
vacuum) not from the manifold unless you're using a distributor that is for
manifold vacuum. I think some of the 1500 late model ones use this. Now if
you want a Copper S distributor, with no vacuum, send me some
Barrett-Jackson money and you can have mine.
                Crash

I just got a Stage II exhaust manifold from Maniflow for $120 and an HIF6
inlet manifold with vacuum take-offs added for $82 plus $55 shipping.  The
Mo$$ price for an LCB manifold, not Maniflow, is $420 plus shipping.  It is
gorgeous to look at and will require some enlarging of ports to match.  If
you are in the market, this appears to be a great buy.

Before someone asks (read "criticizes"), I need the vacuum ports because my
$50 HIF6 carb is from a Harley Chopper and has no vacuum take-offs.  It does
have a cool brass primer pump, though.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit