Re: [Spridgets] check this out

To: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] check this out
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:05:23 -0500
A week later,

I did not know that about the 74 1/2 Midgets. Or if I did, I forgetted.

I know there is a class of MGB GT's that are rated as extra special since they
are 74 1/2 and have rubber bumpers, but there is NOT a 75 MGB GT to be had,
while there are '75, and later, Midgets with 1500's. We should seek out and
praise the owners of those exceedingly rare 74 1/2 cars.

Rather than be a BH about it ;-)

Larry

On Feb 14, 2010, at 9:38 AM, David Lieb wrote:

>>> Hmmm, you all are slipping, No one noticed it is NOT a 74. Last I
checked,
>>> the 74 was not blessed with the rubber bumpers.
>
> The year is determined by the date on the title, illogical though that
> is. In any event, Horler assures us that there were 2513 1500 Midgets
> built in 1974, 1922 of which were "LHD North America", production
> having started in September. Were they 1975 "model year"? Of course.
> Can a number of them reasonably be expected to be titled as "1974"?
> Yup.
> David L

> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>
> You are subscribed as lmacy@phillymgclub.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Secretary
Philadelphia MG Club

One of these days, you'll look back on all this, and plow into a parked car.