Re: [Spridgets] Master Cylinder Barfing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Master Cylinder Barfing
From: chris_west <chris_west@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:03:20 -0500
Mike wrote:
A second, perhaps related, clutch problem I'd appreciate any insight on:
when
you put any pressure on the clutch, engine running, you get a whining
squealing sound - release the clutch and it's gone.  Doesn't matter if
it's in
gear or neutral.  My diagnosis is that the throwout bearing is shot, and
plan to replace the bearing, pressure plate and clutch disc this spring.
Any
other thoughts?
-
Mike, I agree with your diagnosis that the noise is most likely coming
from the release bearing "but" you "may as well""while it is apart""since
you have the chance" also replace the pilot bushing in the end of the
crankshaft.  A 5 minute job with minimal parts cost could save "a lot of
grief""down the road."

Chris - AN5L35xxx
Love Spell
Click here to light up your life with a love spell!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=lkgcIJTBWmYPLzOXE7esogAAJ1BXoFCg_GoYpsOBXA-_r2I8AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARwAAAAA=