Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC CONTENT!! Taurus-Sable-Ford brake line issue

To: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>, "Spridget list"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC CONTENT!! Taurus-Sable-Ford brake line issue
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:15:14 -0800
Brad,
If I understand this correctly, it isn't the pipes rusting on the outside,
it is water collecting INSIDE at low points and rusting through the pipes
inside out.

As good stewards of our automobiles, we probably religiously flush all of
the fluids on our beloved LBC's on a regular basis.  With our daily drivers,
however, we expect that we can drive them with little more than fuel and oil
changes.  MODERN CARS NEED THEIR BRAKE FLUID FLUSHED TOO!!!!  It does not
surprise me that these lines are failing.  Brake fluid is hydroscopic... it
absorbs water.  Modern systems are better sealed, but not 100% sealed.
Every two years FLUSH YOUR BRAKE FLUID.  Your Taurus brake lines will then
last virtually forever.

David R.