Re: [Spridgets] 1959 bugeye

To: Jess Power <jessmd1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1959 bugeye
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:21:15 -0400
Jess Power wrote:
> I have a 1959 bugeye sprite that has been painted and has a 1275cc
> engine and a rebuilt 4 speed tranny.I am thinking about pulling the
> motor and tranny and converting to a datsun 5 speed tranny.I would
> like to drive the car daily for short distances(5 miles).Which is
> better,morrisservice or rivergate? The other options are do nothing,or
> use an aftermarket rear seal to stop oil leaks.Any suggestions?In
> addition,the car is an original RHD.Would this hurt the resale of the
> car and should I convert it to a LHD?

Morris Service is much better than Rivergate but Paul recently had a
stroke and Morris Service is out of commission for the time being.
As for RHD vs LHD, there is somebody out there for either one.
I sold a RHD Sprite a few years ago for what a LHD Sprite would sell for.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html