Re: [Spridgets] 1959 bugeye

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1959 bugeye
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 19:43:49 -0500
Just today I went on a road trip with the local Brit car club.  I took my 67
Austin A60 pickup that my wife absolutely hates.   No power steering, no
power brakes, no air conditioning, hell, not even a heater or radio.
Everything she hates about it, I love about it.  The complete starkness of
it is what I love.

Went to visit John Gunnell, the automotive author, today after the trip.  He
is about 45 minutes from me.  I took all the back roads home.  Got
completely lost.  Loved every mile home that took an hour and a half.

That is what owning these cars is all about.  Explore, drive slow and enjoy
it, get lost and enjoy that, too.  I purposely didn't bring a map.  It's a
blast!  Saw things that are less than an hour from home that I have never
seen before.  It was a blast!

LAD