Re: [Spridgets] Steering rack, rebuild?

To: "Hal Faulkner" <frog.aye@gmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Steering rack, rebuild?
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:06:36 -0400
All I did on mine was remove the old boots, paint everything, slathered the
internals
with "Super Lube" grease and then re-assembled with new boots.
As other pointed out keep track of the shims and count the threads on the ends.

Also I noticed that there is a little felt washer where the steering colum
connects to
the splines on the rack.  I did not see it in the manual but I made a
replacement anyway.