Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Honda Brake Question

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Honda Brake Question
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 11:09:09 -0700
Maybe I should have told you that the bracket and the caliper had to be
removed from the hub so I could get the rotors off to be turned.  True, I
did not have to pull out the guide pins, but all the manuals I have ever
seen on Japanese brake (in fact any type) repair always say to lube the pins
for free movement.  I used high temp bearing grease to accomplish this.  I
have done many brake jobs in the past.  Sometimes all I did was replace the
pads as Billy described, but there was a shudder in the steering wheel when
the brakes were applied at speed which disappeared since the rotors were
turned.  All I really was wondering about was the rubber tipped end of one
guide pin on each side and the purpose of it.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM, derf <derf247@gmail.com> wrote:

> On my Tacoma Prerunner you don't even have to remove any part of the
> caliper.  There are retainer pins that keep the pads in.
>
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
> wrote:
> > They always wear like that, but you shouldn't have to take out the  pins
>

> Sometimes the wear is more extremely one sided.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums