[Spridgets] Cross Flow Quesiton - Turbo Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Cross Flow Quesiton - Turbo Question
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 12:34:24 -0700
eBay item.  . 230468115034

The car is pictured with two DCOE 40's. .

Seems that it would be over carbed unless he is only using the inside of
each carb in order to get a straight in flow through the manifold?

I am always curious about this over carb thing as years ago I over carbed a
small block Chevy that I built.  The engine would have run better if I had
left the Rochester single on it with the original manifold. .  but not me. .
I put a 750 double pumper on the thing not knowing at the time what the heck
I was doing.   I went back to a 650.  . which was more in line with what the
engine was able to handle.

I have yet another question.  We have a late model PT Cruiser with a turbo
(wife's car.  . I don't like the car.  . but it is her thing).

How is it that a turbo can push added air and fuel into the engine when it
comes into boost mode and not over produce too much air and fuel flow for a
small engine.  . while at the same time if one were to install a carb that
was too big, the engine performance would suffer?

Obviously there is something about how an engine accepts the added boost
from a turbo or a super charger that is different compared to installing a
carb that would be too big?

Kirk
59 1275

Kirk