[Spridgets] fate of the Midget

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] fate of the Midget
From: "Andrew Payne" <andrewpayne@intrex.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 18:45:46 -0400
So after a really rough year, I am finally starting in to the '76.  I have
accumulated parts: floors, sills, pillar skins.  I planned to patch the rear
1/4s with fabricated metal.  Somehow I missed that the rear bulkhead is also
rusted through at the base corners, and the parcel shelf brace is also
perforated at the bottom.  Additionally, the jack cross member is also
perforated.

So is this normal?  I have no real welding/bodywork experience. I am
debating four options:

1)       Order the additional $700 or so in parts. Should be strong if not
pretty.

2)       Use what I have and fabricate metal extensions to weld to.  I
figure the car should hold together for another 5 years or so this way.

3)       Return parts, buy a new shell and Frankenstein the car.

4)       Use the mechanical parts, which are mostly good, as a donor for a
Locost 7.

What do y'all think?

Drew

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html