[Spridgets] New problem

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] New problem
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 16:52:20 -0400
Today my Sprite started with a new problem.
I starts to miss, bad, at 4500 rpms.
I thought starving for fuel, floats check out perfect.
I pulled the choke out a little, then alot, still missing.
It misses at high revs right at the shifting point.
It sounds like a rev limiter rotor was installed.
No Peter I did not use that Lucas rev limit rotor you gave me ;)
I will try replacing the rotor and see what happens.
So far, plugs are perfect, carbs are working fine, not too rich, not too
lean, new cap, points, condenser, and i think a new rotor.
Dizzy was just gone thru over the winter while the car was getting it's
new paint.
I did adjust the valves and re-torque the head yesterday on the rebuilt
engine.
I took my Dad out today for a drive and the miss showed up.
If anybody has an idea, let me know.
Carlisle trip next weekend, 3.5 hours on the PA turnpike probably in the
rain.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ