Re: [Spridgets] more speedometer fun!

To: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] more speedometer fun!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 21:11:14 -0400
On 5/23/2010 6:38 PM, ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net wrote:
> So i hit the cable with liberal amounts of graphite and reinstalled it and
>snugged it back into its gauge. the speedo works fairly well at speeds under
>30 but when the car is shifted into 3rd and DRIVEN.....i can do 110+ in 3rd
>gear! somehow this doesn't seem correct (although if it was real would be lots
>o fun!).
> I pulled the cable out of the gauge and used my finger to see how it was
>working and all seemed well. Any ideas as to what is the cause or how to fix?
>This will be my 2nd speedo in 3 years.

I think your speedometer drive gear, the spiral inside the tranny, is
slipping on the rear shaft.
Or the drive gear itself is shot.
I have both, the plastic drive is an easy fix, if it's the spiral inside
the tranny, that is no fun.
Some transmission dis-assembly required.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html