Re: [Spridgets] Another British engine (not)

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>, "Edmund Conen"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another British engine (not)
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:35:52 -0400
A couple of years ago, I looked into buying a new pick-up truck to replace
my faithful '79 Chevy (1/2 ton w/8' bed & heavy springs).  I'm getting to
the point where I will need to do some major sheet metal (rust) repair and I
thought maybe it was time.  Well, the more I looked at the new stuff, the
more I realized how attached I am to my old Chevy and what a great old truck
it is.  We've the original owners (it was purchased to be our farm truck)
and it's been virtually trouble-free for the past 31 years and 91,000 miles.
The only thing I dislike about it is that it's an automatic instead of
having a "truck" four speed.  But even the automatic is nice and the 350
4bbl engine sure makes it nice for towing a car trailer.
I guess the only way I'll ever replace it is by restoring it (oh,
crap.....ANOTHER bloody project), which isn't in the cards right now.  Glad
I'm not in a position where business dictates a new truck every few years.
Frank, you could always find an older one and restore it for your next work
truck.  That's the only way you're ever going to get a "real" truck, that
will hold up well and not cost you an arm & a leg for all of the yuppie
engineering options that the manufacturers are imposing on us who use a
truck as a TRUCK.
Bud Osbourne