Re: [Spridgets] Ralph Nader. . Corvair

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ralph Nader. . Corvair
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@me.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 21:46:28 -0700
Nader was on a revenge crusade because his favorite law professor was seriously
injured or killed, I do not remember which, in an accident driving a Corvair.
Among other things the professor seems to have ignored the tire pressure.  The
front and rear tire pressures on Corvairs were significantly different and many
people like today put the same pressure in all of the tires if they checked
them at all.  That coupled with the rear engine resulted in the rear end going
some where other than where one might want.  Nader's argument in his book
claiming the rear suspension was the problem was totally idiotic.

Road & Track to Nader to task on the VW bus, just do not remember the year.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage