Re: [Spridgets] No spark bugeye

To: Dave Yealy <lbc@littlebitcountry.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No spark bugeye
From: Steven Guterman <an5.sprite@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:54:58 -0400
John,

I went through a bad pertronix coil, and just burned up a pertronx ignitor
with the wrong replacement coil. (0.45 ohm versus 3.0)
BTW pertronix has been very good about replacements even after the normal
time period

first below is a link to links on how to test positive or negative ground
pertronix ignitors:

http://www.ttalk.info/Tech/pertronix_igniters.htm

second, when I reinstalled my old dizzy, the points needed a bit of filing
to conduct well,  you need a small very fine file and just a few flat
stokes.

I read someplace that one of the aftermarket rotors may have trouble with
the higher voltage from the pertronix coil, if you get spark direct from the
coil, go for a new rotor.

good luck.

Steve