[Spridgets] Adapter hitting the frame on Midge

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Adapter hitting the frame on Midge
From: Edward Perez <eap2140@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:23:43 -0700 (PDT)
Any ideas on what I can do to "Lift" the engine up a tad?  Are there shims that
can be placed under the motor mounts to give me a little clearance around the
bell housing?  What problems might I see if I just lift the starter side up
about 1/2 inch?  Will it throw the carb floats off?  For those of you who have
worked on my car, you might have noticed that on the starter side, the adapter
plate has very little clearance to the frame so when starting the car up, it
feels like a hammer is hitting the frame rail.  Otherwise, the car is running
fantastic and I'm thoroughly enjoying it this summer.  The only nagging thing
is
this problem.  Not a biggie, but irritating nonetheless.  I have a 1275 with a
5
speed kit (not Rivergate, don't ask) in my 78 Midget.

 Edward Perez
Snohomish, WA
78 Midget (1275)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lbc_newbie/