Re: [Spridgets] Computer Question, No LBC...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Computer Question, No LBC...
From: Steven Michelsen <stevenm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:05:38 -0400
Kent,

Does it boot up?

If not try the cable trick mentioned earlier.  Some cables have a notch to
prevent setting the wrong way around and some do not.  One wire on the edge
of the ribbon will be red (?), I believe that's the power, considered # 0 or
1.  Maybe your connector on the MB is marked...

If it does boot then maybe you'll need to be reinstalling some drivers.  Go
to the "add new hardware" control panel and let windows look for hardware
that's not installed.  First try to let windows find the drivers on it's
own; it might.

If it all goes to heck, for $300 you can get a nice machine with likely
better specs than yours at Walmart.

good luck,
Steve