Re: [Spridgets] Fw: Speaking of Harley Davidsons

To: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fw: Speaking of Harley Davidsons
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:58:36 -0400
On 8/11/2010 1:12 PM, CosmicMag1380 wrote:

> Back in 1980 I bought a new Wide Glide and my wife and I drove it
> across the country. We went to Sturgis for a few days but there were
> some serious club biker rumblings that we didn't want to get caught up
> in.

I had planned a family vacation across country and we ended up in
Sturgis (the Black Hills) the same week as all the bikers were there.
1992, and Here I am with wife and 2 kids ages 10 & 13.
I enjoyed looking at all the bikes, the kids enjoyed all the bikers and
they were a bunch of GREAT people.
Ask my daughter about the biker chick in the rest area, she was amazed
at how quick she went from worn and torn to hot babe in a roadside rest
area.
There were so many bikers in those parts that you had to eat, sleep, and
be with them if you were to do anything.
And we even had a couple of bikers ask to slip stream our van to keep
out of a thunder storm from Wyoming back to the Black Hills.
The kids just watched out the back window as these guys were kissing our
bumper to stay semi dry.
This was probably the best part of our vacation which also incorporated
Healey 92 International in Breckenridge, Colorado.
That was so exciting, we left 2 days early ;)
But hanging with bikers for a week was an unforgettable part of the trip.
A PLEASANT experience.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ