Re: [Spridgets] Spridget Parts

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridget Parts
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:13:22 -0400
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Robert E. Shlafer <pilotrob@msn.com> wrote:
I think my asking price on the doors is reasonable as well. And if
Spritedom doesn't appreciate same, I''d rather throw them away than
give them away to the unappreciative.

______________________

CB, for what it's worth, I have been dealing with spridget parts for
about 40 years now and I can tell you from experience that there is
pretty much NO market for doors from windup window cars. I have a set
of perfect doors too that I can't find a buyer for at any price. I
offered them at $50 for the pair and a guy walked away from that deal.
I would rather sell them cheap to someone who could use them than send
them to the boneyard but I have a storage problem anymore.

The reason seems to be that if the doors are rusty, so is the rest of
the car and that ain't gonna get fixed either. If a door gets hit in
an accident, the car is probably totaled too. I did sell one once for
$50 which was pretty good at the time bask in the 80s. I happened to
be at a buddy's body shop and he was working on a Midget. He said he
couldn't find a door for it anywhere. I told him to come over to the
house and take his pick from the half dozen or so that I had sitting
around!

Doors and trunk lids are just storage problems in the spridget world.
They sit outside anymore. I do keep a pair of Bugeye doors as spares
inside though! Bonnets and perfect front fenders are worth the storage
space.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye