Re: [Spridgets] Route to Nova Scotia

To: <dwoerpel@wi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Route to Nova Scotia
From: Greg Higgins <g.h.higgins@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:33:37 -0400
Hi Dave,

I have a route for you, there is just one road toll in Nova Scotia which is
$3.00. There are some great roads with beautiful scenery, and you will see a
nice part of Canada, we call it going down east, when traveling to the east
coast. As Robert D. mentioned you could cross at Port Huron as well, again
no tolls until you reach Nova Scotia which is $3.00 as I mentioned.

If you are traveling on I-90 east when you get to Syracuse take I-81 north,
you will cross at the Ivy Lee bridge into Canada.
Take the Trans Canada Highway 401 east to Montreal, where it changes to
highway 20, that will take you thru Montreal, you will be traveling on the
southside of the St. Lawrence River, great view. Take highway 20 to Riviere
du Loup, make a right turn on Route 185/ highway 2 which is the Trans
Canada, that will take you thru New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, where Trans
Canada Highway 2 changes to 104, then 105 that will take you to the North
Sydney Ferry Terminal.
If you are travel to Port aux Basques from North Sydney, the ferry ride is 5
hours, if going to Argentia the ride is 16-18 hours, live music and beer are
served on the ferry ride over.

There is a place called Norris Arm which is on the Trans Canada highway,
this place is about 10 miles east of Grand Falls-Windsor, there is some of
the best salmon fishing in the world at this place.

If you bring Mrs. W. with you, take her by ferry to Saint-Pierre Miquelon,
it is part of France, a mini French holiday!!
Be sure to visit Blow Me Down Provincial Park, a nice place called Dildo,
don't miss Placentia while you are in the area. One of the rest stops on the
Targa Rally is a place called Leading Tickles, there is a camp ground there
with a million dollar view of the ocean.

There are 500.000 people living in Newfoundland and 500.000 moose, it is
very dangerous driving at dawn or dusk, lots of moose on the roads.

Have a great trip.

Greg Higgins
Canada