Re: [Spridgets] Route to Nova Scotia

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Route to Nova Scotia
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:29:46 -0700 (PDT)
>From wikipedia:

"

Newfoundland Screech is a particularly strong liquor, sold in Newfoundland
and originally imported from Jamaica, which enjoys fame in many parts of
Canada.
 In the United States, it is available for sale in the three most
northeastern states - that is, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.Screech is
manufactured in a process very similar to that of most rums: fermentation,
distillation, aging and blending of sugarcane.
Screeching someone visiting Newfoundland for the first time is a
longtime
custom of many older bars in Newfoundland, in which the person
is to drink a
shot of screech, kiss a codfish
 on the mouth, and answer the question "Is ye
an honourary
Newfoundlander?" with the phrase "Indeed I is me ol' cock, and
long may
your big jib draw." After completing these tasks, they receive an
official 'Screecher' certificate."

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo