Re: [Spridgets] Interesting Classic Car insurance Claims

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Interesting Classic Car insurance Claims
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:14:37 +0000
Last night, I found myself wondering what my house/car insurance covered, as I
stood on the driveway.  Here's my story:
It was after dark before I got out to the garage. Opened the big door, flipped
on the
light; remembered that I should put out the garbage and recycling ... made
one trip out to the street, came back grabbed the handle of the composting
bin
and heard a strange noise as I tilted it and saw a blur of movement. My first
thought was 'skunk'. Then I thought "Nah, it must have been racoons. It was
more beige than white.' So I haul that container to the curb and come back
and 2 skunks come back around the corner of the garage towards me. "Yikes!"
So, I naturally backed off and ( perhaps foolishly ) started clapping my
hands
softly. Not to scare or startle them but to let them be aware that I was
there. I had 2 fears. You can guess the first one. The second was that I
did not have a remote handy to close the door and I didn't want to lose sight
of the door, have them enter and then close the door. I also wasn't found of
the idea of going up to the door to press the button, but I eventually did. I
even took the time to shut off the light. I did not, however, finish putting
out the garbage.

> http://www.hagerty.com/lifestyle/hobby_article.aspx?id=73756
> --
> Frank Clarici