Re: [Spridgets] A Bug-eye project??

To: Alan Inglis <alan.inglis@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A Bug-eye project??
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:39:57 -0500
On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Alan Inglis <alan.inglis@telus.net> wrote:
I've always wanted a Bug-eye. I've found an older acid dipped body
tub, hood, doors and back axle and pretty much nothing else. There are
no VIN #. There is something inside the door A panel and I can read
AN5 and the rest is illegible.

Alan,

There is a body number stamped just down from the cowl on the
passenger side under the bonnet. Look for a metal wire hold down that
is welded in place. It should be very close to the number. That
number, not the one on the door tag will get you the real VIN if you
buy a British Motor Heritage certificate for the car. You can buy an
original VIN tag with proof of ownership after the VIN is
established...

Most mechanical and suspension parts from the models you list will
work. You can even use later model parts for disk brakes, dual master
cylinder, etc.

You can also find nice Bugeyes for a lot less than 23K... That is
close to top dollar for these cars so I would not recommend buying at
that price without an expert appraising the car first.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html