Re: [Spridgets] Midget Mk. I "factory" hardtop hardware source

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Midget Mk. I "factory" hardtop hardware source
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:46:57 -0800
Hey, those pictures look familiar (they're mine). Yes, that is the -factory-
hardtop and the original front latch. I actually fabbed up one of the clamps
from some 3/16 (I think) aluminum. I'm not sure of the strength of the
aluminum versus the stock steel though. It is a fairly basic clamp that was
easily fabbed. It only took me about an afternoon or so including polishing.
I'll try to dig it out and take pictures of both for a comparison.

As Gerard posted the MK I clamps are available from AH Spares (about $45US
each) but the MK II ones do not seem to be available anywhere. I believe it
was Bill Bolton in Oregon who used to have the MK I hardware and seals. I
never contacted him about the MK II hardware. His email was tricarb at aol
dot com. Don't know if that's still valid.

Herby
62 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy)
00 Dakota R/T (the DD toy)

63 MKII Sprite (Sold!!)