Re: [Spridgets] Harleys

To: "'spridgets_autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Harleys
From: "Heard Saxon" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:34:51 -0500
Well, when I was growing up back in the '60s and early '70s, you couldn't
give away a Harley.  Damn things leaked oil worse than the LBC's and no one
I knew wanted one.  So we rode Jap bikes as well as Nortons, Triumphs, BSA's
etc.  I quit riding for 35 years and about a year ago decided to start
again.  I bought a big Yamaha 1100 cruiser cheap.  It rode OK, but it
definitely needed a 6th gear.   So I went down to the Harley dealer and
looked around.  Liked a lot of them but really liked the Soft Tail Cross
Bones.  Springer front end, tractor seat, big wide tires, short fenders.
Just enough old school look.  And like you say Mike, you just cannot beat
that engine.  I drove one and my immediate thought was, 'Holy sh$t, this is
what a cruiser is supposed to feel like'.  The difference between it and
that Yamaha cruiser is night and day and I don't just mean power.  This is
by far the best handling bike I've ever ridden and actually feels way
lighter than the Yamaha even though it is about 100 lbs more.  So I now have
a 2011 model in the garage.  What a blast!  Even though the color in these
pics is way off, here are a few pics:

http://24.73.224.142/harley/img_1002.jpg
http://24.73.224.142/harley/img_1003.jpg
http://24.73.224.142/harley/img_1004.jpg
http://24.73.224.142/harley/img_1005.jpg
http://24.73.224.142/harley/img_1006.jpg
http://24.73.224.142/harley/img_1007.jpg

Looks red in these pics.  It is actually Sedona Orange which is a deep rust
color.