Re: [Spridgets] Taxes was Parking tickets

To: "spridgets_autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Taxes was Parking tickets
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:42:40 -0500
I've been really interested in what the number would be, but haven't every seen
an analysis of what a person would truly have to pay as a percentage of their
income.  7% won't even cover the FICA portion of taxes.

If our (U.S.) population is 311 million, and our next proposed budget is about
$3.5+ trillion, then that is $11,250 per person.  My family of 3 has 2 workers
and one student, so we would pay 11,250 x 3 = $33,750, which is about 30% of
our combined incomes.  This is probably at or just above what we currently pay.
 I think despite the publicity about "tax breaks for the rich" and so forth,
they still pay the bulk of the taxes in the U.S.  People earning $20k-30k per
year would have to pay nearly HALF of their total income in taxes, and you can
be sure they aren't doing it right now.

I did some google searching and found a figure of $13.3 trillion for total U.S.
income.  Divide that into the national government budget and that is 26%, so it
makes sense to me that a national tax would have to be 26%.  The people on the
bottom that pay 10-15% wouldn't like that a bit.

> 7% for everybody... from me on Social Security to Bill Gates on Easy Street!!
> I can live (and die) with that <g>

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive