[Spridgets] Bugeye historical questions for reference see eBay# 32066963

Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye historical questions for reference see eBay# 320669636262
From: cnaarndt at gmail.com (Curt/Nancy Arndt)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:49:38 -0700
Hi All,

I'm back on the Spridget List after being off for several years.

The Concours standards for Sprites have not been updated in about a decade,
while we do the Big Healey Concours Guidelines yearly.  I'm currently
working with two owners doing Concours restorations on Bugeyes, and my wife
and I have a very original, very unmolested, 55K, 1960 Bugeye.  We hope to
update the Sprite Guidelines soon.  Any inputs or suggestions on originality
are appreciated.  Also good photos.

Our  Bugeye was originally Nevada Beige but after a minor accident in '61
was poorly repaired and repainted red.  It came with its all original
interior to include original rubber mats, complete tool kit along with near
perfect plastic tool and side curtain bag.  Also, lots of very hard to find
details to include the original helmeted battery cables, Bakelite battery
tray (not restorable), braided fuel lines, and original fuel pump, which I
just restored using a period (read quality, diaphragm rebuild kit  from
Australia.)  I'm glad to answer (or at least try) any questions on Bugeye
originality.

If any one saw Martin MacGregor's tech session at conclave in San Diego, he
used our Bugeye as an aid, since much of the interior is still original (the
tattered rubber mats are now stored in a box.)

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Chairman, Austin Healey Concours Committee
'55 BN1 ,'60 AN5 :{) '72 RWA Midget, '06 Cooper S

** <mikeosipik at earthlink.net>For Concours Guidelines ordering and pricing
information contact:

*Mike Osipik*

39 East 55th Terrace