[Spridgets] [morris_motors] MM 1000 Rear brake question- Correction

Subject: [Spridgets] [morris_motors] MM 1000 Rear brake question- Correction
From: pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com (Gerard)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 12:40:22 -0700
I was thinking of the fronts and I erred in the description. The rears
fit in a slot so the cylinder can slide a little for the parking
brake. The rubber boot is all the holds them in place.

Gerard

Hi Dave,

If the rear shoes are correct and the Morris has it's original wheel
cylinders (I know Paul was not a proponent of upgrading the Morris to
later dual piston wheel cylinders, a la Spridget), the shoes will have
a notch in one end to accommodate the adjuster. The wheel cylinders
are held to the backplate with a small bolt (same as the Bugeye). The
E/C- clips are not for used on MM's. Later Spridget shoes look the
same , but without the notch, so check that before you start taking
things apart. I raise that question since you have the clips. Make
sure you use beehive springs on the shoes to backplate too.

I'd have to see the size of the washer, but it might be part of the
brake adjuster mechanism at the handbrake. Unlike Spridgets, the
handbrake uses two cables, one to each wheel, and the adjustment is by
a special bronze nuts at the handbrake lever.

Gerard