[Spridgets] Re Renewable energy(off topic)

Subject: [Spridgets] Re Renewable energy(off topic)
From: kmappley at gmail.com (Kurt Appley)
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 22:25:34 -0500
Got to comment on this since I have been interested in this since the 70's.
A recent comment after Japans debical was that this country has only had one
year of a meaningful energy policy--1979. I tried to get into micro hydro on
existing dams back then and found out just how dirty big energy can be. I
think every one should note that the R party sees nuclear as the only power
for the future and the D party sees nuclear as the only way to stop global
warming. Course it costs alot to get elected now days. Obama just cleared a
goverment guaranteed loan to build the first nuclear power plant built in
over 30 years. I bet a federal guarantee translates to LOW interest and to
me that sounds just like "subsidy"!! Big energy gets plenty of them!!! But
we can't help out renewable's. BTW that nuclear poer plant will be built in
the southeast US but it won't have a cooling water problem like the ones in
Japan cause the cooling water will be held in a big tank on top of the
containment. Wonder how that will hold up to F 5 tornato's!!!!

Kurt

South Dakota.