[Spridgets] OT waaaay OT Electric Vehicles.

Subject: [Spridgets] OT waaaay OT Electric Vehicles.
From: kgb at frontiernet.net (kgb at frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 21:05:10 +0000 (UTC)
I'm afraid that I would not feel very smart driving a Smart car between a pair
of 100,000+ pound tractor trailers, not matter how much safety equipment it
came with.

Kate

Americans do not like small cars, present company excepted of course.  Safety
standards do not allow small, lightweight, fuel efficient cars.  Yes the Smart
car comes to mind but imagine how much better the fuel mileage would be
without the safety stuff, and they are not, I repeat, NOT being sold in
droves.