[Spridgets] really dumb question, dont laugh

Subject: [Spridgets] really dumb question, dont laugh
From: 72spridget at gmail.com (David Lieb)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 22:37:04 -0400
I, too, have pulled the engine both ways multiple times. If it is my
time, effort, and knuckles involved, I am not going to pull the trans
unless I need the trans out; especially if it is a Datsun 5-speed! I
don't find it to be any harder to slip just the engine back into place
than it is to have to pull the shifter, boot, and driveshaft as well
as draining and re-filling the transmission. It really isn't that hard
to get the input shaft back through the clutch disk if you centered it
to the pressure plate when you assembled it.
David L