Re: [Spridgets] WTH?

To: b-evans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] WTH?
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 03:38:13 -0400 (EDT)
But I was still told I was a foreigner and that my views didn't count for
nothing.

b-evans@earthlink.net writes:

WeslakeMonza1330 wrote:  "I'm a white man born and bred in the  city and
living in country market town where everyone is white but talk  with a
different accent to my own."

But Daniel, you live in Great  Britain where to hear a different accent,
all
you need do is walk to the  next village!  Why, even London has been a city
with a multitude of  accents.  I have always been amazed at the vast array
of
accents and  unique phrases to be found in such a small island.  From
Geordie
to  Yorkshire, there are a multitude of accents, many of which will
automatically assign popular characteristics to those with certain
dialects.
I have always put it down to Americans having a far greater  spatial
mobility.  In America, with so much land, there was a far  greater ability
for people to move about, seeking new land and new  opportunities, thereby
integrating the spoken word on a more sectional  basis.

Buster Evans

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive