[Spridgets] green cutaway midget

To: grunthaner@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] green cutaway midget
From: EASTJONES alan <alan.east-jones@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:13:29 +0100
Linda

I was in the museum on Sunday and have seen this car several times before,
didn't see it this time. I understood that the car had been sold in auction
to a private dealer some time ago . I know we had the car on our midget
spriite club stand at the annual Classic car show at the NEC Birmingham
(November time ) either last year or probably the year before.
Then I noticed the caption to the photo was in French, and there was
reference to the spridget 50  - 3 years ago , which took place at Gaydon
heritage museum, which is when I guess the photo was taken. It falls into
place. The French spridget club 'amicale' were at the spridget 50 at Gaydon
heritage  with a thousand other spridgets .
  I do have some close up photos of the car - I can't get to them at the
moment but a google image search for *apjones spridget 50* or *apjones
classic car nec (on flickr)  *might reveal something interesting.

BTW the yellow car in the background is the current world land speed record
holder for  diesel engines which I did some work on a few years back .  JCB
dieselmax
Rgds
alan
Warwick UK