[Spridgets] 50th bash

Subject: [Spridgets] 50th bash
From: soavero at yahoo.com (Ron Soave)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:10:46 -0700 (PDT)
David and crew,
I had a great time, and got the nicest message from Mark
Haynes' daughter Katie that made everything worthwhile. Passing the passion
for our cars to the next generation is the most rewarding thing we can do. I
was tugged home before the banquet and, while it was necessary, it was very
very difficult to miss the finale. Out of habit, I almost stayed up til3
drinking and walking the streets after a few days with the crew at Elkhart.

did very very little, by far the least of any of the committee, and am
eternally grateful for what was done. You guys did an amazing job, and the
track, well, the track was just fantastic. The tour was a riot, and yes we
were smiling very wide in the racecars even at diminished speeds. It was great
to hear the bench racing afterwards. David and all the workers, great job
under really tough 100+ degree conditions for the autocross. White Trash and
his locked differential worked hard and appreciated the efforts.

Special,
special, special thanks to Diane and the Clarici family for making the trip. I
think the answer to the question WWFD lives on in your family and in what he
left with us all.

Most of all, this doesn't happen without Jim Johnson. Jim,
I lift my beer to you.

I don't think we should wait 5 years for the next
one.

RS
"That which you manifest is before you" - Enzo the dog