[Spridgets] Midget 50th

Subject: [Spridgets] Midget 50th
From: dwoerpel at wi.net (Woerpel)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:46:23 -0500
Hi all,

We only live 2 hrs. from Elkhart Lake but am only getting around to let
my "family" know we made it home.  Those of you that have reached your
destination we are breathing easier.  We hope to hear from all of you as
you make your way home.  Our Canadian family members are touring a bit
and then heading home.  We enjoyed having you and hope to see you again!

It rained a bit on the way home and the Sprite never missed a beat.  I
did have the top up(first time in 3years) and the sidescreens on for the
1st time in ~6 years but water came in even with towels stuffed in the
header rail.  Most came in under the windscreen wiper drive posts as the
rubber seals have cracked from sun, age, and probably being made of
"bootleg" rubber!  ;-)  I had water sloshing above the footwell carpet
and thought it prudent to remove the seats, carpeting and panels.  So,
as I sit here waiting for the carpets and body trim panels to dry as
they hang in the garage, I have a few thoughts:

This event could not have happened without all of you, without Jim
Johnson and the organizers of LotO, without the "Cheesehead" crew (Katie
Haynes is now a Cheesehead!), and without our Frank and the entire
Clarici family.  This Spridget Family is very special and very unique.
I have not experienced anything like it in the Healey Club, Morgan Club,
or any of the the others I've belonged to over the years,  years ago
VSCDA came close.

I just want to thank you all for being you.  Everyone contributed,
especially with the hiccups we encountered along the way.  I will never
ever forget Wednesday night.  It was fun, sad, and moved me a great
deal.  Diane, Frank IV, Tiffany (nice picture by the way...Larry took
it!), Jennifer, Frankie V, we very much appreciate you coming and you
will have to put up with Terri and I when we come back east on a trip or
for an O.S.H.I.T. meeting.  Who else would put up with a bunch of people
invading her home and having to feed them.  Diane, YOU are awesome.  We
love you!

Ron is correct and I propose a meeting convene in 3 years time (it was 3
years between LotO and EL).  Many had suggestions as to where.  I
believe our strength and uniqueness comes from the unity of a
nationwide/international gathering.  Regional get together are fine but
it's really special seeing everyone from all points of the compass.  So
start thinking.

As for Terri and I, we're going to relax a bit.

Take care all and we'll see you on the list!

Dave and Terri