[Spridgets] Rear Brake Beehive Spring question

Subject: [Spridgets] Rear Brake Beehive Spring question
From: kk7ss at frontier.com (Dave KK7SS)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 01:33:06 +0000 (UTC)
Just Slightly O-T.

The rear brakes for my Morris Minor are similar, if not the same, as on the
Bug-eye (1959)

My question is about those %$#% Beehive Springs,
Lindsay Porters' Restoration Manual says the Professional restorers (The Minor
Center, Bath, UK) say it's ok to omit them! BL's Workshop Manual mentions
removing them but not refitting them!

I've been fighting to fit the first one of these all day long and I'm ready to
quit!

For those that have fitted the beehive springs,,
Do you try to feed the small end in from the back of the shoe?
Or screw the big end in from the front of the shoe?

I'm ready to just forget about them!!

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA