Re: [Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!

To: andrewpayne@intrex.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 22:22:08 -0400
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Andrew Payne <andrewpayne@intrex.net> wrote:
Where should I put the stands once I remove the rear suspension?
Take a 4 x 4 post and run it through where the rear axle was... make
sure it is long enough to stick outside the wheel wells on both sides.
You can add pieces of wood between the post and the bottom of the axle
hump if you want to take up space if you don't want the post to
contact the fender lips. The fender lips are strong enough to support
the stripped car without bending unless they are really rusty. Put
your jack stands on the outside on each side of the car. Watch out
that you don't jam your knees/ankles on them! You can make it any
height that you want by putting cinder block (or whatever) under each
side of the post. That way you'll have plenty of room for a creeper
underneath.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye