[Spridgets] Hurricane Irene and our East Coast friends...

Subject: [Spridgets] Hurricane Irene and our East Coast friends...
From: mdrowe at optonline.net (Michael Rowe)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:50:08 -0400
> David Booker, Michael Rowe, Cap'n Bob...   This is for you guys and I know
> there are more Long Islanders on the lists!!!

I spent the day bringing in the boat, taking tools, etc. off the floor of my
shop and putting them up on anything that looks like it won't float.  I even
managed to lift an engine 18" by progressively blocking the ends and rocking
it up.

The highest mud line on my stairway is at about 2'.  (That one really
cleaned out my shop of years of sawdust, cut-off ends and empty plastic
bottles - all gone to Iceland!)  I will park the Midget on the septic tank
(= high ground) and take the other cars inland to the fire station parking
lot (no trees).  If we get evacuated, we will stay in the camper van at the
firehouse.  We really have no choice, as the Coast Guard Station is at the
end of our road, and they check each house as they leave.

Michael Rowe