Re: [Spridgets] Thinking about buying another car

To: "andrewpayne@intrex.net" <andrewpayne@intrex.net>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thinking about buying another car
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
Drew,
If you want ALL those attributes, you're basically looking for a Miata
or a MR2 Spyder. Early Miatas can easily be had for well $5k, Early examples
of MR2 Spyder can be found around there, but most are from a bit more to about
twice that price. Both are nimble, fun, have cruise and a/c and minimal but
adequate storage if you travel light and alone. An accessory to explore would
be a small motorcycle trailer to pull behind. There are even little
tent-campers in the 2.5' x 2.5' (my approximation) footprint-sized class.

I've been thinking about a similar road trip for a while now. Particularly the
Al-Can highway up to Alaska. Not yet quite to the point where I can do it, but
maybe in a couple of years. Super 7 with tiny trailer has always been
prominent in my plans, but MR2/Miata would be infinitely more practical and
comfortable. (bones creaking more in recent years that when the plan was first
formed)

 - David Booker
Long Island