Re: [Spridgets] WAS Later Mini price-Now Rear Turbo

To: dwoerpel@wi.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] WAS Later Mini price-Now Rear Turbo
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 23:17:02 GMT
I was confused about that as well and asked, apparently the owner thought that
there wasn't enough room for the turbo under the bonnet, so he mounted it in
the rear and plumbed the intake to the back. I commented that I thought that
that would make for a great deal of turbo lag, but the response was that there
wasn't, but it did go through head gaskets and rings- I'm not sure what kind
of boost he was running, but if you can't keep head gaskets on it (I think
that I'd use a Metro Turbo gasket myself) and you're going through rings that
you've got too much boost and too much heat.
Maybe add an intercooler as well to the mix and it might last.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016