Re: [Spridgets] Cobra supercar driver Peter Tryce survives 130mph

To: refisk@chartermi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Cobra supercar driver Peter Tryce survives 130mph
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:55:28 -0500 (EST)
I never condoned it I simply pointed out they are very expensive.  I  am
also familiar with the advice that if you have a cheap head get a cheap
helmet.  Any racer in the UK on a budget has to balance risk  against budget.
The chances are he won't have a major accident so he  doesn't spend anything
from #1000 down to about #400 for a HANS.

Medical care in the UK is free and the average UK racer doesn't think about
 a neck injury leading to paralysis.  The average UK racer can also look at
 the statistics and be reasonably confident that while he might prefer to
have a  HANS he is not taking a wild or reckless risk in not having one.

Weslake-Monza 1330