Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Sprite being delivered today

To: <rbastedo@gmail.com>, "'Trevor Jessie'" <trevor.jessie@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Sprite being delivered today
From: "Neil Anderson" <neilandcustom@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:15:26 -0600
Rick,
If the aluminum number plates are still attached to the shut face of the
door A-pillars, you can get the VIN number from the plate with the BAE
number.  On the BMIHT certificate, the BAE and VIN numbers are the only ones
associated with the body shell that were recorded.

On a stripped body shell I purchased a couple years ago, I was able to get
the VIN number because I had the BAE plate. The heritage certificate also
provided the correct engine number including all the other pertinent info,
paint color, trim color, key number, build date, dispatch date and factory
fitted equipment.

If you don't have these plates, you may be able to get them from a shell
that has been scrapped and then get a VIN number and plate, which you will
probably need for a title.

Hope this helps.

Neil Anderson