Re: [Spridgets] Getting the Bugeye VIN

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Getting the Bugeye VIN
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:46:50 -0800
Jay,

Not on a Bugeye. Later cars had the number on the RH floor, just
forward of the transverse frame rail. If you look under the carpet on
the later cars that had the perforated floor sound insulation, you
will see a small square section cut out. That is where the number is
located. Usually too rusty to be casually noticed, but if not rotted
away, some cleanup will expose it.

I'm not sure what year it started, but my '68 had it, so sometime
between '62 and '68

Gerard

On Jan 30, 2012, at 11:00 AM, spridgets-request@autox.team.net wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 07:43:44 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jay <jfishbein@snet.net>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Getting the Bugeye VIN
>
> There is a number stamped in the passenger floor?
>
> More info please.
>
> jay fishbein
> wallingford, CT

spridgets@autox.team.net