Re: [Spridgets] Hot Time in the Chevy Corral

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hot Time in the Chevy Corral
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 18:07:22 -0600
 Wouldn't you love to know the story behind this?

 http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1963-chevrolet-corvette--c-713.htm
 ------------------------
I had that almost happen in a 1964 Corvette. Seems the DPO put headers
on it and didn't have a tie-down bracket on the battery... I was
having some fun on the twisties when I noticed smoke coming from under
the dash. Stopped the car, popped the hood and found the positive
cable against the header. It was hot enough to melt the insulation and
then short the wiring harness. I was able to disconnect the battery
before the car went up in flames. After installing a new wiring
harness, the dash clock worked!!!

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye