Re: [Spridgets] Sprites racing in UK video

To: paulbaker53@yahoo.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sprites racing in UK video
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 15:24:43 -0500 (EST)
Hi Paul,

I saw your car!

Once at MIRA there was a pair of Frogeyes without roll bars and one owner
thought he knew it all.  On his last run of the day the car left the
circuit, dug in, and very nearly rolled.  Next time I saw the car competing  it
had a roll bar!

With a lot of rules it's the clubs that form the commitess that  make the
rules
and then the MSA apply or enforce them.  However, the organising  club for
any series can impose additional rules by way of supplementary  regs.
That's why you don't see any racing Sprites or Midgets without a  roll bar
because all the race series impose a reg despite the cars being  exempt.  So,
the
Healey club could require the big Healeys to hill-climb  with a roll bar
even though they are age related exempt by the Blue Book.

Regards

Weslake-Monza 1330