Re: [Spridgets] '59 Berkeley SE 492

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, Spridgets list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] '59 Berkeley SE 492
From: Allen Hefner <lbc77mg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:37:45 -0500
Here's one for sale.

http://www.ochsnerautos.com/detail-1959-berkeley-se492-used-4829329.html

I don't know anything about them, except what is available online. Check
Wikipedia for company details.

If I were me, I would take it for whatever I could get. Most likely even
the parts would be worth more than they want for it.

Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*
2006 Chebbie
*Former:*
1963 Sunbeam Alpine Series III
1967 Triumph TR4A IRS
1964 VW Type I
1967 VW Type II
1967 Rover 2000TC
1977 MG Midget

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com> wrote:

> Anybody actually know anything about these? As I mentioned earlier, I've
> run
> across one that's been hanging from the rafters in a family garage since
> the
> mid-sixties. The original owner is deceased and his family wants to get rid
> of it. It looks perfect but very dusty. The speedo shows 4200 miles. It has
> '64 CA plates, and the original paperwork and registration. Until we get it
> on the ground, I can't verify whether the engine is frozen, or even there.
> It should be a 3 cyl. 2-stroke with a few carbs. It's a cool looking car,
> even with the US legal headlight pods, which I'm told can be deleted.
> Anybody have any idea what it might be worth? I remember seeing them around
> in the sixties, but usually with the tiny 2 cyl.  At 725 pounds, I think
> the
> 500cc models were supposed to have been kind of fun.
> Any thoughts?
> BZ

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html