Re: [Spridgets] '59 Berkeley SE 492

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] '59 Berkeley SE 492
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:10:38 -0800
> Did I read correctly it is an automatic?
> Lin
You read it correctly...he wrote it incorrectly.
They have 4-speeds with a regular clutch pedal. They do also have a funny
looking shift gate that looks sort of like and automatic floor shift. The
gears are in a row like a motorcycle rather than the regular H pattern.
There seems to be a big discrepancy between what some people think they
should sell for and what most people are willing to pay for one.
They look cool and are probably fun, but they're not worth more than a
Sprite. Of course we've seen Sprites with $30,000 asking prices. The last
Berkeley I saw actually change hands went for $500, and it was shiny and
drivable, but that was quite a while ago. It's probably worth twice that
today.
BZ

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html